Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moms We Love

D Moms
Moms We Love: A Peek Into Kidville Dallas Co-Founder Charmaine Tang’s Worldby Joslyn Taylor in Moms We Love
 
Some of Charmaine’s favorite things: 1. Lucy Wrubel’s Mix of the Month 2. The DMA 3. MAC lipglass 4. The Lady and the Peacock 5. Tall black boots)

Who she is: Co-founder of Kidville Dallas and mom of Tyler and Charlotte.

Why we love her: Besides bringing the stylish NYC-based go-to spot for cool kid’s classes/preschool/birthday parties/haircuts/shopping (whew!) to Dallas, she also boasts enviable energy, is wicked smart, and is passionate about mentoring other women (a trifecta of crush-worthy qualities for sure).

Herewith a peek into Charmaine’s word…

Always in her handbag – This one is kind of laughable because my bag isn’t very interesting, but I always have “O” lipstick and “Pop Mode” lip glass by MAC, my 2013 Do It Planner (I call this my mommy calendar – it helps me juggle me, Kidville, my two kids, and my husband’s schedules), Bar Method grip socks, Goldfish, Purell, and Starbucks card (I am a Starbucks addict).

Her go-to outfit – Shirtdress and tall black boots

On her nightstand – I’m reading 2 books right now: How Will You Measure Your Life by Clayton M. Christensen and The Lady and the Peacock by Peter Popham (a biography about Aung San Suu Kyi – the female political hero of Burma… her story is SO unbelievably inspirational).

What she’s listening to – Maroon 5, Vampire Weekend, Lucy Wrubel’s Mix of the Month (friend & fellow Lamplighter mommy) plus my favorite old school stuff – Chaka Khan, Mary J. Blige, and Steve Wonder.

Her mealtime haunts Nosh, Neighborhood Services, The Old Monk, and Jeng Chi in Richardson (best Asian dumplings in town, my kids’ absolute fave)
.

Her favorite family outing – Sunny day outing : Biking around White Rock Lake followed by a picnic lunch on Saturday mornings. Rainy day outing: Taking the kids to the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) – walking the museum and then enjoying their Center for Creative Connections. My kids, my husband, and I are inspired by what we see – we enjoy all the paper, tempera, and colored pencils. The four of us could sit there painting and drawing for hours!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment